InstantBlue ™ is a ready-to-use Coomassie protein dye for polyacrylamide gels. Its unique mechanism of action stains proteins in 15 minutes leaving a clear background eliminating the need to fix, wash or fade.
- Ultra-fast staining and one-step procedure
- High sensitivity with detectable 5 ng bands
- Bright background with a high signal-to-noise ratio
- Formulated for safe use and easy disposal
- Available in a convenient 1-liter premixed volume
Its unique patented mechanism starts staining in no time, while some traditional pre-made and homemade Coomassie R-250 stains can take three hours or more to fully stain gels. It is an acetic acid-free formulation that does not methylate or acetylate the protein during staining, making it fully compatible with mass spectrometry.
In addition, the stain is non-toxic and disposable in the sink due to its methanol-free composition, and does not need microwaves, solvent removal, or fume hoods.
InstantBlue is a trademark of Expedeon Protein Solutions